.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

40 Reasons Why I Probably Will Never Become a Civil Engineer



S.H. 75 (N. Central Expressway) at US 635 in Dallas. The ramps go every which way and they soar through the air. We had spent most of our time on 75 going back and forth under 635 and Saturday, after the race, we went first to Grapevine, then to Fort Worth, then hooked south of Dallas on 635 back to 75. We got about 1/3 of the way onto the rollercoaster ramp from 635 West back to 75 South and I said to Jamie "This is the high ass ramp we've been going under for the past three days." Not an exact quote but Jamie said something like "Holy Shit!" And the guard rail is less like anything protective and more like a curb. I have driven over curbs. Often.

PS - I'm from earthquake country. That's why I don't like heights.

PSS - God bless Google (hybrid) Maps. Where were you when we needed you in Dallas?


 
Subscribe with Bloglines