.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Grassy Knoll

I would like to tell you that I ran my bare nekkid toes through the grass on the knoll but I didn't. I had flip flops on and I came close, oh so close, but I didn't do it. I thought about it as I walked away. "I'll be able to tell my grandkids that I walked barefoot on the grassy knoll," but I didn't. I should have.

Bronze Dealy Plaza
Simulated grassy knoll in bronze.

Up at the corner a guy with a backpack accosted us, well, more like informed us aggressively, that there was a conspiracy museum a few blocks away. We headed that way with little intention.

We wandered up the street and around the corner and were confronted with this:

Dallas JFK Memorial

Guy comes to town. Guy gets shot in the head and killed. Guy gets concrete cube dedicated to him. What a gyp.

If none of that makes any sense let me fill in the blanks: we were in Dallas.


 
Subscribe with Bloglines