.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Thursday, January 05, 2006

... of the Day (follow-up)

It wasn't the middle of the night but I did remember my other "... of the Day" topic.

Politically Correct Handicapped Joke of the Day (it's funny; read on). Actually, it's a two-fer. One of my sister-in-laws works in deaf education and several years ago I came up with this one:

"If a deaf child swears does his (or her) mother wash their hands out with soap?" I told you it was funny and it isn't degrading to anybody, is it?

So, the other day, with 4 adults and 4 children crowded around and in the vicinity of the dinner table, every one of us using proper table manners (except the two year olds) I came up with this one:

"Do deaf kids get in trouble at dinner for talking with their hands full?"

Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here all year. Put your cash in the tip jar.

Is it a wonder I never got into stand-up?


 
Subscribe with Bloglines