.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Monday, January 02, 2006

Coffee Time


Coffee Time
Originally uploaded by Bearded Jon.

It's not on the periodic table but one of the basic elements in my world is coffee. For me, a day without coffee is like a day without, um, well, not so good of a day. Yes, I have had days without coffee (my first 7300 days at least) but... that's not true.

I was 17 or 18 when I had my first sip of coffee. This was the first time I was ever seduced. I was in Homer, Alaska on a field trip and this girl I had been lusting after made herself a cup of coffee at the airport when we were getting ready to fly home. She offered me a sip. I took it. "Is it good," she asked? I nodded yes. "Do you know why?" I shook my head no. "Because my lips were on it." She had me at "Is it good?" But I digress.

Coffee is daily in my existence now. This is my "Ode to Coffee." It's coffee time. Now go out and get yourself some.


 
Subscribe with Bloglines