.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Pop Quiz

Pop Quiz of the Day / Week / Month

Inside season is upon us (and by inside season I mean its freakin' cold out so we're in for the winter for the most part). Jamie and I have been spending quality time on the Ginormous Brown Reclining Sectional with dual remotes fully charged switching between cable TV and DVDs. We have visually devoured Crash, Memento, The Motorcycle Diaries, You, Me and Everyone We Know and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants in the past 10 days.

Being in a movie mode and having a plethora of Soundtrack CDs readily at hand I gave a Pop (culture) Quiz in class today. The class I teach has very little, if anything, to do with popular culture. I gave this quiz instead of a mid-term exam because it's not that kind of class and I promised a mid-term and I didn't want to disappoint while putting on an aire of disappointment (for the kids). Like most of my test questions, the answer is subjective rather than objective so there is really no such thing as a wrong answer, unless you are Paul.

Here is the quiz, which I ask all of you to answer. What is the best movie ever based on the following criteria in this order: 1) the best soundtrack and 2) a good, if not great, story.

My three answers I had coming into class were 1) Repo Man, 2) The Crow and 3) True Stories. All have quality soundtracks and good stories.

Some of the movies I got as answers in class were Boondock Saints, Heavy Metal and The Lion King (which was Paul's wrong answer). I got home and asked Jamie and her answer was To Live and Die in LA (which I do have the CD soundtrack of and I do love although I called her a suck ass for using the only soundtrack she knows I know she knows I have).

So random, or not so random, visitor, what is your answer?


 
Subscribe with Bloglines