.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Job


The Job, originally uploaded by Bearded Jon.

Yeah kid, I've been there.

I've had the job that nobody else wanted. I've wandered back and forth, an endless figure eight, undulating with the traffic as the light cycles from green to yellow to red, in a silly outfit, a corporate mascott, holding a sign, carrying a banner. I have danced the dance of the minimum wage sidewalk billboard. I've been there.

I've done a lot of jobs that are less than desireable. I've shoveled rocks. I've shoveled shit. I've shoveled fast food onto the paper coated plastic trays of the masses. I've been there.

I've mopped floors and I've scrubbed toilets and I've polish brass fittings and cleaned the corporate icon with a toothbrush.

Yeah. I've been there.


 
Subscribe with Bloglines