.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

30 Seconds of Jamie Mowing - Episode I

I scoffed at electric mowers a few months ago. SCOFFED.

"It doesn't matter what mower we use all of them require the burning of fossil fuels at some point in the process so we will always be contributing to global greenhouse emmisions," I said (or something similar; that was the gist).

What I hadn't taken into consideration was the maintenance or the steadily rising price of fuel. While my original statement is in essence correct the balance tips to the electric mower as the clear winner. "A conventional mower produces as much pollution in one hour as 43 late model cars or driving 340 miles, say industry experts." (via Treehugger).

So, after a trip to Home Depot to look at the $317 cordless model, we've been searching Craigslist and found a new in the box electric mower for 1/3 the cost.

Yeah, its got a chord but Jamie is so cute to watch kicking it out of the way.


 
Subscribe with Bloglines