.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Ukulele Song

I have a ukulele. It' a silly little instrument but I love it. It makes me happy. I have written a song (musically speaking) but I still don't have any words. I couldn't sleep so I came downstairs to strum and write. I think I've got the words. I will write them here so I don't lose them.

I went to Hawaii, and fell in love, with the ukulele, and I wanted to buy one, from Hilo Hattie, but I chickend out.
I bought a little, ukulele, off of eBay, it makes me happy, I hope you like my, ukulele too.
When you see a ukukele, do you think of Tiny Tim? You know, I really hate that guy. Don't think of Tiny Tim, think of me playing for you.
So when you see me, play my ukulele, don't laugh at me, laugh with me, I hope you like my, ukulele too.

When I was younger, I wanted a guitar, I couldn't handle it, it had to many string, so I bought myself, a little ukulele.
My ukulele, is kinda silly, it is so tiny, when I hold it, but I love my, little ukulele.
Im no Van Halen, or James Taylor, or Elvis, I'm just a wild and crazy guy, well, I'm no Steve Martin but this isn't exactly a banjo either.
So when you see me, play my ukulele, don't laugh at me, laugh with me, I hope you love my, ukulele too

I know, I know, don't quit my day job(s) anytime soon. I will have to record this and post it so you can get the FULL EFFECT.

The picture is the ukulele of my dreams...


Someday it will be mine! Posted by Hello


 
Subscribe with Bloglines