.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Urban Hiking Adventure and the Death of an Icon

In La Jolla (because, as Jamie will tell you, it's totally different from San Diego) two weeks ago I went on an "Urban Hiking Adventure" to the local Albertsons, about a half mile from the hotel I was staying at. I went to Albertsons looking for a deli sandwich and beer and ended up with a Hungry-Man enchillada plate and a bottle of Albertson's brand Gin & tonic (Note: the TV dinner was more expensive than the combined cost of the Gin & tonic). For under $10 I was set for the night (and then some).



The limits of a man's desperation can not be fathomed. Posted by Picasa

Back in my hotel room I fired up the microwave and a Mexican Style Fiesta was had by all, er, by me :-/ I didn't read the dinner box until just now. I thought the potatos were a little sweet. They were cocada pudding. It tasted great with exploded rice and beans mixed in. Yum. It was a fun night, boy howdy!

Today I read the headline TV Dinner Inventor Gerry Thomas Dies

While his meals may always taste like ass he has saved many a lonely man from sure and certain starvation. For this I raise my Gin & tonic to thee. RIP.


 
Subscribe with Bloglines