.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My Big Red Couch

Friday, March 25, 2005

Odd Memory

I just had a memory of an event that happened about five years ago.

Tonight, I'll get back to the five years ago part, I attended a very benign biker meeting. I made my standard smart ass comments: "Karl, you're leaving nose prints on the window", (at the end of the Group Riding video)"take a look out the window at Arctic Attack (motorcycle stunt team) and see what happens when you don't do your braking right" or "you'd better get the dumpster emptied or else the beercans will pile up in the parking lot (said in jest because this was at a church).

And how does this relate to five years ago? It could be taken as very sinister if said by the right person (certainly not me).

Jamie and I took a motorcycle first aid class five years ago. It was the first of it's kind in Alaska that I was aware of and it was a mixed croud. There were a couple people from ABATE, a couple people from CMA, a couple people from HOG, a couple Vietnam Vets and a couple Hells Angels. It was standard American Red Cross first Aid with the addition of helmet removal and motorcycle specific scenarios.

It was late in the day and Instructor Chuck asked the question, "What do you do if somebody shoots at you when you're on your motorcycle?"

On of the Hells Angels was quick to reply, "Shoot back." I put a period at the end of that sentence because it was said as a reflex, not a joke.

So, there you have it. Taken in the right context "At least Karl didn't leave a butt print" could be a lot more sinister.

Maybe that one was a bad example.


 
Subscribe with Bloglines